While ancient odontology focuses on oral hygiene and preventing, identification and treating oral sickness, dental medicine focuses on rising the looks of the teeth, mouth, and smile. In alternative words, restorative, general and/or family dental practices address dental issues that need necessary treatment, whereas dental medicine provides elective – or desired – treatments or services.Dr. Virag Bhatia & Dr. Tanya Bhatia performs as Cosmetic Dentistry in Indore.
Cosmetic treatments may also provide restorative benefits. For example, dental fillings are a standard procedure accustomed to treating decayed teeth. Previously, most dental fillings were composed primarily of gold, amalgam and alternative materials that left visible dark spots on the teeth.
Today’s dental fillings are also thought-about cosmetic to a precise extent as a result of you’ll choose fillings product of ceramic ware or composite materials that closely match the color of your teeth, thus maintaining the natural look of your teeth and smile. Many people could value more highly to have their older fillings replaced with newer, tooth-colored fillings to reinforce their oral look.
Cosmetic dentistry treatments currently in use include:
- Inlays/Onlays: conjointly called indirect fillings, inlays, and onlays made up of ceramic ware or composite materials are along nevertheless esthetically pleasing thanks to offering a “filling” to teeth with tooth decay or similar structural damage. Whereas dental fillings are wrought into place among the mouth throughout a dental visit, inlays, and onlays are created during a dental laboratory before being fitted and adhesively guaranteed into place by your dentist.
- Composite Bonding: broken, broken, stained or decayed teeth are also repaired or have their look corrected employing a procedure known as composite bonding. Dental stuff with the design of enamel and dentin is applied into the cavity or onto the surface of a tooth, wherever it’s then carved into shape, contoured and hardened with a high-intensity light. The result’s a restoration that blends invisibly with the rest of the encircling tooth structure and also the remainder of your natural teeth to make a healthy, bright smile.
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth change of color is probably the foremost normally suggested dental medicine procedure. Teeth are typically stained from smoking, food, drink (coffee, tea or red wine) or poor oral hygiene. Bleaching the teeth will enhance the looks of your smile.
- Dental Veneers: Composite or ceramic ware laminates that are adhesively guaranteed to the surface of a tooth to correct and repair chips and cracks can improve a worn look or severe tooth discoloration. Veneers may additionally be suggested if you’ve got gaps in your teeth or if you’ve got not had success with teeth change of color. Evaluate ceramic ware veneers price and verify whether or not dental insurance could offset the price.
- Bleaching: Bleaching is a treatment modality involving an oxidative chemical that alters the light-absorbing and/or light-reflecting nature of a material structure, thereby increasing its perception of whiteness.
- Depigmentation: Gum coloration, conjointly called gum bleaching, maybe a procedure utilized in dental medicine to lighten or take away black spots or patches on the gums caused by animal pigment.